For the first time in almost 20 years, Squeeze's Chris Difford and Glenn Tilbrook will be heading out on the road as a duo with "The At Odds Couple" tour that will see them present their songs and story in a unique way. A history that resulted in a historic falling out that left fans without them for all this time.
"The last few years have been really interesting," says Glenn. "We've talked more than ever and reflected on our relationship and it's brought us to this point." Beginning at Cambridge Corn Exchange on November 2nd the 12-date tour will visit theaters around the UK in a show that will celebrate their enduring music and partnership.
Let's hope it all goes well and that the shows come Stateside!
In the late 80's I saw the classic Squeeze lineup of Difford, Tilbrook, Jools Holland, Gilson Lavis, and Keith Wilkinson... I've seen both Difford and Tilbrook separately over the years, and a revamped version of "Squeeze" a couple summers ago, but I'd LOVE to see Glenn and Chris to an acoustic duo Storytellers style show. I'd buy tickets anywhere on the East Coast to see that.
A little piece of trivia... Difford and Tilbrook were the headliners on the very first episode ever of "MTV Unplugged" (Nov. 26th, 1989), doing Squeeze classics, songs from their new album "Frank", and even a cover of The Monkees "I'm A Believer".
The "At Odds Couple" Tour Dates
- Sunday 2nd November Cambridge Corn Exchange
- Monday 3rd November Northampton Derngate
- Thursday 6th November Reading Hexagon
- Friday 7th November Union Chapel, London
- Monday 10th November Guildford G Live
- Tuesday 11th November Birmingham Town Hall
- Thursday 13th November Newcastle Theatre
- Friday 14th November Edinburgh Queens Hall
- Sunday 16th November The Lowry, Salford
- Monday 17th November York Opera House
- Wednesday 19th November Warwick Arts Centre