Warm Up Folllowup
We start the day defending ourselves. For the "Best Of" replay before the show started we replayed yesterday's edition of Geezer's vs. Douchebags, where none of the questions were answered correctly by either team (see the questions and answers in yesterday's Rundown), and a couple listeners called to tell us we're morons. This leads to Wease defending all of us, and saying there is no reason Pauly and Brooksie should know stuff Wease and Billy like, and the other way around. Wease winds up telling some hilarious stories about his days promoting concerts... including the time guitarist Larry Coryell missed a show because he wanted to stay home to watch football, and the same guy at a later date wanted to stay at Wease's house instead of a hotel.
Mr. NFL calls to talk music, but also gives us his "Play Of The Weekend"... he says the Seattle Seahawks will destroy the Redskins this weekend. Take the advice with a grain of salt.
Tools With Sports
Wease is mad at himself because he missed an easy bet last night. He was out partying last night and didn't bet on last night's Fiesta Bowl, where Oregon rolled.
Pauly went to last night's Fairport vs. Bishop Kearney high school basketball game, and enjoyed the game, and loved the fact that Kearney has a player with the first name "Godspower". Here's Godspower Ogide and his teammates (Godspower on the far right in blue)...
This weekend Tools likes Seattle (not as much as Mr. NFL), and loves the Packers. He'll also be following Chip Kelly's interviews with the Bills. Browns, and Eagles.
C Section News
A routine C-section turned memorable for an Arizona doctor when his tiny patient reached out of her mother’s abdomen during delivery and grabbed his finger.
The brief moment was captured by the baby’s father, Randy Atkins, who snapped a photo that has now gone viral.
“The doctor called me over and said, ‘Hey, she's grabbing my finger.’ So I ran over there and just grabbed the shot and I was just in awe looking at it. It was such an amazing picture,” Atkins told KTVK.
The baby, named Nevaeh, or Heaven spelled backwards, was born in October. At first her mother kept the photo private.
“We didn't think we were going to get such positive feedback. We thought we would get more negative ‘that's disgusting…’” Alicia Atkins said. “[Instead] everybody just thought it was the best thing in the world.”
Even those in the delivery room were stunned by the special moment.
“It was such an amazing photo. [Hospital staff] had possibly heard of it happening but they had never seen a photo of it,” said Atkins.
The only new flick this week the Matt Damon drama about frakking called "Promised Land", and unfortunately it's not as good as he had hoped... good actors, an excellent director in Gus Van Sant, etc... but just not entertaining enough.
Marsh also gives us his top movies of the year including Not Fade Away, God Bless America, and Argo. See his whole list HERE.
Doug With News
Urine Review 2012
BIGGEST NATIONAL NEWS STORY NOMINEES
2) THE SCHOOL SHOOTING AT
3) PRESIDENT OBAMA GETS RE-ELECTED
4) THE MOVIE THEATER SHOOTING IN AURORA, COLOARDO
5) CIA’S GENERAL PATREAUS CAUGHT IN A CHEATING SCANDAL
6) THE 2012 SUMMER OLYMPICS
7) THE AFFORDABLE HEALTH CARE ACT BECOMES LAW
8) FACEBOOK GOES PUBLIC
9) TRAYVON MARTIN
10) HOSTESS GOES BANKRUPT
The Sandy Hook School Shooting
BIGGEST LOCAL NEWS STORY OF 2012 NOMINEES
1) KAREN KLEIN THE BULLIED BUS MONITOR
2) THE WEBSTER FIREFIGHTER SHOOTING
3) FAIRPORT TEACHER HEATHER BOYUM
4) ROCHESTERMAN DIES AFTER BILLS GAME
5) LOUISE BEATS MAGGIE
6) BROCKPORT FRESHMAN ALEXANDRA KOGUT MURDERED IN DORMROOM BY BOYFRIEND
7) THE RISE IN VIOLENCE BY PITBULLS
8) ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AT MIDTOWN & MEDLEY CENTRE
9) KODAK FILES FOR BANKRUPTCY
10) CONTROVERSIAL MURALS POP UP AROUND THE CITY
BEST FEMALE GUEST OF THE WEASE SHOW
1) SISTER SLEAZE
2) MARRIANNE SIERK
3) DR. RUTH
4) DIANE LEVIN
5) JACQUELINE THE SNUGGLER
6) OLYMPIAN MEGHAN MUSNICKI
7) ALEX MORGAN
8) JEN THE HEALER & MARIEL HEMINGWAY
9) RACHEL FEINSTEIN
10) MISS NEW YORK MALLORY HAGAN
Diane Levin... Thanks to her for joining us live to accept your award.
STUPIDEST CRIMINAL OF 2012 (NATIONAL)
1) TANNING MOM BUSTED FOR ALLOWING 5 YEAR OLD TO TAN
3) MAN GETS TWO DUI’S ON THE SAME NIGHT.. BOTH AT 1:08AM.. BECAUSE OF DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME
4) MAN CLAIMS HE STOLE MAN’S CAR WITH CHILD IN IT TO TEACH THE MAN A LESSON
5) MAN NAMED BEEZOW DOO DOO ZOPPOTY BOP BOP GETS ARRESTED
Tanning Mom is our Winner
STUPIDEST CRIMINAL OF 2012 (LOCAL)
1) CANANDAIGUA CANCER FRAUD – MELISSA JONES
2) TWO KIDS STEAL WOODEN PALLETS AND IT BECOMES A BIG DEAL
3) WOMAN CAUGHT WALKING DOWN ROUTE 31 PUSHING CART FULL OF STOLEN ITEMS FROM WALMART
4) ALICIA GUSTAFERRO (LOCAL “REALITY STAR”) BUSTED FOR PROSTITUTION WITH ROCHESTER LAWYER ON I-90
5) NEWARK MAN HAS SEX WITH WOMAN HE MET ON CRAIGSLIST WHO THEN BLACKMAILS HIM INTO GIVING HER MONEY OR SHE WON’T TAKE A MORNING AFTER PILL
Our winner is cancer fraud Melissa Jones, but Alicia Gustaferro is more fun to have a picture of here...
MOST SIGNIFICANT POP CULTURE STORY
1) THE DEATH OF WHITNEY HOUSTON
2) AMANDA BYNES BECOMES THE NEW LINDSAY LOHAN
3) ROYAL CHAOS (NAKED PICS, PREGNANCY, NURSE SUICIDE)
4) RIHANNA AND CHRIS BROWN GET BACK TOGETHER
5) THE ELMO PUPPETEER HAS SEX WITH UNDERRAGE BOYS
6) THE “GANGNAM STYLE” MOVEMENT
7) ANGUS T. JONES’ “TWO AND A HALF MEN” MELTDOWN
8) THE AVENGERS SETS THE OPENING WEEKEND BOX OFFICE RECORD
9) BILLY JOE ARMSTRONG’S IHR MUSIC FESTIVAL MELTDOWN
10) TUPAC’S HOLOGRAM PERFORMS AT COACHELLA
Whitney Houston's Death is our choice
MOST SIGNIFICANT CELEBRITY DEATH
1) JOE PATERNO
2) WHITNEY HOUSTON
3) DICK CLARK
4) RODNEY KING
5) ANDY GRIFFITH
6) SHERMAN HEMSLEY
7) NEIL ARMSTRONG
8) ETTA JAMES
9) DON CORNELIUS
10) MIKE WALLACE
One small step for Neil Armstrong
HOTTEST LOCAL TV NEWS BROAD
1) JENNIFER JOHNSON (13WHAM)
2) LIA LANDO (CHANNEL 10)
3) RACHEL BARNHART (13WHAM)
4) KATRINA IRWIN (WROC)
5) NIKKI RUDD (CHANNEL 10)
Thanks to Rachel Barnhart for joining us to accept this prestigious award...
BEST MALE GUEST OF THE WEASE SHOW
1) SYRACUSE COACH JIM BOEHEIM
2) 24/HOMELAND CREATOR HOWARD GORDON
3) THOMAS HAYDEN CHURCH
4) RICHARD BELZER
5) OPIE AND JIM NORTON
6) MEAT LOAF
7) LOU GRAMM
8) JOE PANTOLIANO “JOEY PANTS”
9) COMEDIAN LEWIS BLACK
10) SPIDERMAN DIRECTOR MARK WEBB
Opie and Norton win
BEST SPORTS STORY
1) GISELE BUNDCHEN TRASHES PATRIOTS AFTER SUPER BOWL LOSS
2) LANCE ARMSTRONG STRIPPED OF HIS TOUR DE FRANCE WINS
3) THE JAVON BELCHER MURDER-SUICIDE
4) THE NHL LOCKOUT
5) THE NFL REPLACEMENT REFS
6) JUNIOR SEAU’S SUICIDE
7) LEBRON WINS HIS FIRST NBA TITLE
8) NFL BOUNTYGATE
9) BODE MILLER HIT HIS WIFE WITH A GOLF BALL
10) PEYTON MANNING BECOMES A BRONCO.. TEBOW A JET
Replacement Refs Win. Remember this debacle...
BEST WEASE SHOW RELATED FIGHT (ON OR OFF THE AIR)
1) WEASE VS. 24 HOUR SHOW CLIENT
2) WEASE VS. PAULY (WEASE WALKS OFF SHOW)
3) CRAZY LADY SHANNON TRIES TO TAKE OVER THE STUDIO
4) WEASE VS. PAULY OVER STRIPPER OLYMPICS
5) MISS NEW YORK VS. BOB LONSBERRY
Crazy Shannon's meltdown wins
BEST SEGMENT OF THE WEASE SHOW OF 2012
1) WILLIE AND THE MASTER BAIT SHOP
2) THE GUSSIE SAGA (FROM DOWNTOWN TO
3) WEASE AND BROOKSIE ACT OUT GREEN LANTERN’S GAY COMIC
4) PAULY OPENS UP ABOUT HIS O.C.D
5) PAULY SHORE WRECKS THE WEASE SHOW
6) THE OVERALL RISE OF ELVIO FROM LOCAL MUSICIAN TO ROCKSTAR
7) THE SODUS BAY DEBACLE
8) WEASE ACCIDENTALLY STEALS CHIPS DURING POKER TOURNY
9) WEASE WINS AN IPAD AT MORNING SHOW BOOT CAMP
10) STRIPPER OLYMPICS
11) DIANE INTERRUPTS DURING WEASE’S VISION AD
12) WEASE POOPS HIS PANTS
13) RYANN FINDS LIP GLOSS.. IS PAULY CHEATING?
14) WILLIE TELLS JOKES
15) THE 24 HOUR SHOW
24 Hour Show takes the cake... how could it not?
Ken and Johnny Kaiser in studio
Former AL umpire Ken Kaiser is in studio with his son Johnny, who has been working in Hollywood for stars like Morgan Freeman and Tom Hanks. Kenny is like Wease... he loves playing cards, so they share some gambling stories, baseball stories, and Johnny gives us some insight into the workings of the movie and TV business. Big, loud personalities fill the studio.
What's Ken been up to since retiring? One of his most interesting pastimes is bidding on storage lockers like the TV show Storage Wars. This must be the ultimate form of gambling... spending a bunch of money of a container where you don't know what's in there, hoping there might be something worth something.
Becky McDonough joins us in studio. She be driving El Toro Loco at Monster Jam all weekend at The Blue Cross Arena. She tells us how a small town girl from Braynard Minn. became interested in Monster Trucks, and wound up driving them for a living. Wease is more interested in the list of Favorite Movies in her bio, and the fact that it has two Pauly Shore flicks in it.
Depressing Question Of The Week
When Pauly was putting together today's show he asked "How should we end the first week of the New Year?" A conversation about euthanasia was the obvious answer. We wonder if the person you loved was in agony could you pull a Kevorkian on them. Many people have offered to kill Wease, even before he needs to be. Listeners called in, his wife Doreen called, and the GM of the radio came in studio all ready to do what didn't need to be done yet.
Go check out Monster Jam (Pauly will be there Sat. night), Bob DiBuono will make you laugh at The Comedy Club all weekend, and a ton of other fun stuff going on around town. We'll be back next week with Ask Wease, Geezers Vs Dbags, Tools, Doug, comedian Jimmy Schubert, and much more. It's nice to be important, but more important to be nice.