Wease and Marianne were judges at Lovin' Cup Idol last night, and as always Marianne is always horrified at the compliments Wease gives people that he doesn't realize are also insults... "Chubby Boy was great"... "those heavy broads can really sing". Stuff like that.
Marianne was also sensitive about her own appearance because everyone was telling her how great she looked... meaning she doesn't usually look good.
We also talk about the coverage of the now found Malaysian airplane, and how the mystery was solved.
Tools With Sports
Former Bills QB Jim Kelly is in rough shape, and will undergo surgery on the cancer in his jaw that recently returned. His family is asking for people to pray.
We also go through the proposed NFL rule changes, which ones make sense, and which ones just sound silly.
1. Move the kickoff to the 40-yard line.
2. Expand instant replay to include personal foul penalties.
3. Eliminate overtime in the preseason.
4. Extend the goal posts an additional five feet above the cross bar.
5. Move the line of scrimmage for extra point attempts to the 25-yard line. Two-point conversion attempts would still be snapped from the 2-yard line.
6. Put six cameras on all boundary lines - sideline, goal line, end line, to guarantee coverage for replay reviews.
7. Permit a coach to challenge any official’s decision, except scoring plays which are automatically reviewed.
8. Protect players from getting the sides of their legs rolled up on — the rule already says a blocker can’t hit an opponent in the back of the legs, this proposal will add "or side" to the rule.
9. Allow the referee to consult with members of the NFL officiating department during replay reviews. The referee would be able to speak with the command center in New York to help in reviewing a play.
10. Re-organize the rules about what can be reviewed and what cannot be reviewed, including making the recovery of a loose ball in the field of play reviewable. This is referred to as the NaVorro Bowman rule, after a controversial call in this past season's NFC Championship Game.
11. Don’t stop the clock on a sack. Currently, the clock stops on a sack and then restarts when the ball is placed at the new line of scrimmage.
12. Modify pass interference so that it can be called within 1 yard of the line of scrimmage.
13. Enforce defensive fouls behind the line of scrimmage from the previous spot, rather than from the end of the run or from the spot of the foul.
1. Raise the number of active players on game day from 46 to 49 for regular season games played on a day other than Sunday or Monday, excluding Week One.
2. Raise the practice squad limit from eight players to 10 players.
3. Permit clubs to trade players prior to the start of the league year.
4. Eliminate the cut-down to 75 players during Training Camp and instead just have one cut-down from 90 players to 53 players.
5. Permit more than one player to return to the active list from Injured Reserve so that any player on Injured Reserve could return after six weeks.
6. Permit each club to time and test up to 10 draft-eligible players at its facility, and allow any club that wishes to attend timing and testing at another team’s facility.
7. Adjust the time of the roster reduction after the fourth preseason game from 6 p.m. EST to 4 p.m. EST. All teams would have to have their list of final cuts in by 4 p.m.
1. Permit a home team with a retractable roof to open or close its roof at halftime, instead of having to determine at the start of the game whether it is open or closed.
The set closes out with talk of a couple of Hollywood's sexiest actresses being pregnant. Mila Kunis and ScarJo are both with child, which Wease says will "wreck their bodies".
Macedon man volunteers his arrest?
State Police responded to what they thought was a larceny complaint on Saturday (3/15) at 10a.m. at 1275 Macedon Center Road in Macedon.
Mark D. Dewispelaere, age 56, told police he had called the Macedon police about his concerns and while being interviewed told the troopers he possessed both hashish and marijuana and showed police where he had stashed his hash under the seat of a vehicle.
Dewispelaere was subsequently arrested for Unlawful Possession of Marijuana and Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the 7th Degree. He was issued appearance tickets for Macedon Court on April 22nd.
The Wayne County Office of the Sheriff reported the arrest on Sunday ( 3/ 16) at 8: 53 p. m. of Ryan E. Rewa, age 33, of Hadden Road in the Town Savannah, for Endangering the Welfare of a Child in the Town of Savannah. It is alleged that Rewa failed to seek help for her minor daughter who was contemplating suicide.
Rewa allegedly told her to go ahead and do it.
Rewa was arraigned in the Town of Savannah Court, and was released on her own recognizance and is due back in the Town of Savannah Court at a later date.
Worst Song Ever?
Pauly promises a song that is so bad Wease and Billy will beg for rap music. The newest hit is called "Selfie" by The Chainsmokers. Actually, it's kind of funny... reminiscent of the 80's novelty hit "Valley Girl" by Moon Unit Zappa.
Shari Smith News
Wease and crew tackle the controversy of the E.R. cancelled school trip, and even Wease's liberal ass thinks that this teaches the kids a good lesson. The 8th graders misbehaved at a Nazareth production about Anne Frank... how will they behave in another state, staying in a hotel room without their parents?
Wease also reads a great article by Rick Reilly about ailing QB Jim Kelly. All the bad breaks and trouble Jim has had in his life, and yet keeps his positive attitude. Check out the piece HERE.
Last night Wease and Marianne were judges for the finals of Loving Cup Idol. Earlier today they broke down the the appearances of some of the contestants, and argued over whether the Wease's "compliments" were really negatives. Now they talk about the singer's performances, who they liked, didn't like, and still made fun of the chubby dude, and the serial killer looking guy. Wease says that someone did a version of Elton John's "Levon" that was his favorite ever.
Wimmen's Is Crazy
A news story about false accusations leads to proof, courtesy of Wease's favorite new show "Rake", that women are nuts.