Lots of stuff happening around town in the past 24 hours....
The word of the day is "white board"... We'll be speaking to Ch. 10's Brett Davidsen about the teacher that resigned over the controversy from her writing vulgar words on her class white board (which is much cooler than the old school blackboard and chalk).
We'll also be talking to Cody Combs, 13 WHAM's newest reporter, about the murder in Hemlock, and arrest of Gary Flemke (who Wease calls Krupke, after the character in West Side Story)
Wease also has some comments on the pot bust that led to the arrest of 6 people on Clifford Ave in connection with the Chili Ave. murders. Back in the day he may have known some people that also had duffle bags of weed.
Tools With Sports
Looks like there won't be a Bills game in Toronto next season
Syracuse loses again, this time to Georgia Tech. The Orange have lost 4 of their last 5.
Looks like NHL star Ryan Callahan is buying a home in Rochester... Wease says if he was a young sports star he'd be looking in a big city where the peach is.
13 WHAM's Cody Combs
We speak to reporter Cody Combs about the Gary Flemke investigation out in Hemlock where he reported his wife missing, and is now charged with her murder. The wife's body was found buried in the guy's backyard, which was found by the police. She had been shot 3 times, and there was evidence that he tried to burn her body.
Dancing With The Stars
The cast of the hit show was announced yesterday, and Pauly and Marianne are both in this year because of 80's TV stars like Danica McKellar and Candace Cameron.
--Danica McKellar, Winnie Cooper from "The Wonder Years," partnered with Val Chmerkovskiy
--Cody Simpson, pop singer, partnered with Witney Carson (first-time pro)
--Billy Dee Williams, Lando Calrissian from "Star Wars," partnered with Emma Slater
--Diana Nyad, long-distance swimmer, partnered with Henry Byalikov (first-time pro)
--Nene Leakes, "Real Housewives of Atlanta" star, partnered with Tony Dovolani
--James Maslow, Big Time Rush hunk, partnered with Peta Murgatroyd
--Sean Avery, Former NHL player and Vogue intern, partnered with Karina Smirnoff
--Drew Carey, "The Price Is Right" host and sitcom star, partnered with Cheryl Burke
--Candace Cameron-Bure, DJ Tanner from "Full House," partnered with Mark Ballas
--Charlie White, Olympic gold medalist for ice dancing, partnered with Sharna Burgess
--Meryl Davis, Olympic gold medalist for ice dancing, partnered with Maksim Chmerkovskiy
--Amy Purdy, para-olympic snowboarder for Team USA (she was not at "GMA" for announcement), partnered with Derek Hough
Doug With News
Greece School Controversy
The big story in town is the sign language teacher in Greece that has resigned over the controversy caused by a picture taken in her class where she had written a vulgar word on the white board.
Brett Davidsen from Ch. 10 calls to talk about the story, how the news spread, etc.... and Wease feels bad that the teacher's career has been ruined by people that want to hurt other people.
The controversy reminds us of this classic SNL bit...
We're joined on the show by Def Jam music mogul Russell Simmons... he has a new book called "Success Through Stillness". For someone promoting meditation he sure has trouble relaxing... Wease, Marianne, and Pauly can't get a word in edgewise to ask him questions as Russell keeps talking without taking a breath.
- Has Wease ever looked at the film from Woodstock '69 close enough to see if he's in the crowd shots? "No ... what are ya crazy"?
- I know you aren't giving up anything for lent... but if you HAD to give up something that you truly enjoyed for 40 days (that's how long lent is, right?) what would it be? Wease thinks it's a ridiculous question, but if he had too, either p***y or poker, although alcohol SHOULD be the answer.
- Steve O from Jackass is coming in tomorrow, who's known for doing stupid stuff. What's the dumbest thing Wease and Marianne have ever done? Wease says going to Viet Nam to fight in a war, although doing wheelies on his motorcycle wasn't too bright. Marianne talks about the time she gave a homeless lady a ride, and took her on some made up errands.
Bonus Content... Sports Illustrated Models Play Beach Volleyball
More Ask Wease
- Did the ventriloquist in studio last week help Jackie Nutt with her migraines? Well, he did what he does, but it didn't help... she had one later that day.
- A listener wants advice on how to ask out a girl at work without making things awkward. Wease thinks he should just ask her... even if she says no she'll feel complimented.
- Wease talks about his fights with Doreen, but has Marianne had any fights with Robbie. She's actually worried because they haven't had any disagreements.
Would You Cheat With Mila Kunis
Kelso and Jackie are back in action! According to "The Hollywood Reporter" Mila Kunis is guest starring on an upcoming episode of "Two and a Half Men" with soon to be hubby Ashton Kutcher.
Kunis will play Vivian, a young, beautiful and free-spirited world traveler who shows up on Walden’s doorstep. Walden, played by Kutcher, is convinced she's "the one," but there's a problem- he's about to propose to someone else.
This is the first time the two have been on TV together since "That 70's Show." There's no air date for Kunis' appearance yet.
If you were about to get married and Mila Kunis shows up at your door wanting to bang what do you do? Anything but "have sex with Mila" and you're lying.