Woman Hospitalized After Microblading

posted by Kimberly and Beck Show -

A Detroit woman is speaking out after she says her salon microblading experience left her with a severe infection. 

After leaving the unnamed salon, Jennifer was happy with the results, she told reporter Karen Drew. Within days, however, she noticed “little lumps” on her brows. She went to an urgent care center, where she was diagnosed with cellulitis, a common bacterial skin infection.

“They gave me antibiotics and sent me on my way,” Jennifer said. After her symptoms worsened, she headed to the ER, and she spent three days in the hospital receiving antibiotics and steroids.

“I was terrified,” she told Drew. “My face is swelling up, my eyes are closing, [I'm] thinking, 'I don’t know what’s gonna happen.'

Microblading is the latest beauty trend, but it's highly important that anyone wanting to upgrade their brow game do their research. 

During a microblading session, a technician tattoos a client's brows with hair-like incision strokes to either enhance, reshape or create a natural looking appearance on the brows. 

"It's a safe and effective procedure when done by someone experienced," Debra Jaliman, MD, a dermatologist based in New York City, told Health in a previous interview. "It must be done under sterile conditions, otherwise you can get a skin infection like staph or strep, even herpes."

Jennifer said she spent $250 for her brows, but a clean, sanitary and professional microblading session should cost anywhere between $700 to $800. 

Don't let this incident discourage you from microblading your brows. If you go to the right person, you'll save a lot of time on filling in your brows, and it'll instantly boost your confidence. 

Comments

title

Content Goes Here

This ad will close in X seconds.