HAMILTON TICKET BUYERS BEWARE
RBTL SEEKS TO PROTECT CONSUMERS FROM FRAUDULENT SELLERS
(Rochester, NY) – The Rochester Broadway Theatre League (RBTL) and Albert Nocciolino will present a highly anticipated 3-week engagement of HAMILTON at RBTL’s Auditorium Theatre in Rochester, April 23 – May 12, 2019. Tickets for this engagement of HAMILTON are not yet on sale, however there are numerous third-party sellers advertising tickets they do not actually have, at highly inflated prices, right now. RBTL encourages patrons to be diligent and exercise safe ticket-buying practices.
Tickets for the Rochester engagement of HAMILTON are anticipated to go on sale in mid-March and details will be forthcoming. At the designated time, Ticketmaster.com, 800.745.3000 and the Auditorium Theatre Box Office will be the ONLY official and authorized primary sellers of HAMILTON tickets. Most tickets will not exceed $200 (plus applicable fees) at the on-sale, with a select number of premium seats available for each performance.
If you see tickets for hundreds or thousands of dollars, you are probably buying from a third-party ticket broker and there is no guarantee these tickets are genuine. Though it is legal to re-sell tickets in New York State, tickets purchased from other sources may be more expensive, invalid, speculative or ineligible for assistance. RBTL encourages patrons to thoroughly assess the source before making a ticket purchase. Beware of buying from secondary sites and third-party sellers, which includes bogus Facebook event pages.
To be assured that online tickets for HAMILTON are valid, and that the price paid is the face-value price, purchases must be made through Ticketmaster.com. RBTL’s Auditorium Theatre is not affiliated with and does not cooperate with any resellers and cannot confirm the validity or stand behind tickets purchased from broker/resale sites.
When in doubt about where to purchase tickets, check with the Box Office first, either in person at 885 East Main Street, or by calling 585.222.5000. RBTL’s Customer Service Representatives are always happy to assist and point patrons in the right direction. RBTL’s official website is also a great resource for information atwww.rbtl.org. It is always safest to buy from the source.
Safe Ticket Buying Tips for HAMILTON in Rochester:
- Use RBTL’s exclusive and official ticket partner, Ticketmaster, or visit the RBTL Box Office in person.
- Avoid unofficial venue/ticket/show sites with ticket links. Don’t be fooled by secondary sites that imply affiliation with RBTL by using photos of the venue and images or information about upcoming shows.
- Make note that the official website for RBTL’s Auditorium Theatre is rbtl.org where you can find current and accurate information.
- If the tickets are not on sale yet via the venue, beware! How could anyone have tickets to sell to you?
- Check that the show/date/venue you are being offered is actually scheduled.
- Check the official seating map of the venue at rbtl.org to be sure seating locations actually exist.
- If you hear a show is “sold-out”, first check with the venue to confirm that is the case.
- You shouldn’t pay more than face-value, but re-sale is legal. Research to see if you’re paying too much.
- If you are scammed, report it! RBTL can’t always fix the problem, but they want to try to help prevent it. Please call the RBTL Box Office at 585.222.5000 or visit in person at 885 East Main Street.
- If you see an offer that seems too good to be true, it probably is. There are plenty of bogus sites.
- If you purchase tickets, don’t post photos of them online, as it is possible to copy a photo to re-sell.