WATCH: Zamboni Catches Fire at Rochester Ice Rink


This video sums up 2020 and it happened in Rochester Wednesday night. The Zamboni caught fire at the Bill Gray's Regional Iceplex. The video shows the machine burst into flames while the operator was driving it. Management at the iceplex say a hose on the machine broke, leaking fluid on the motor. The driver managed to escape from the fire unharmed. Hockey players were off the ice during the incident. No one was injured. The Zamboni was first used to clean and smooth ice in an NHL game in 1954. It was invented by Frank Zamboni.