Police: Baby Burned at Daycare in Rochester

The Rochester Police Department is investigating after a seven-month-old boy was burnt by hot water while at the babysitter's house.  Investigators say Eson Morris was dropped off at his great aunt's house who is a registered daycare provider. Police said they were later called to the house and found the baby had burns on his body. Family members told WHEC Eson was shaking in pain. WHEC said the great aunt told them it was an accident. According to the report, she said Eson's father left the baby with her 12-year-old daughter, Kiera Mitchell, when no adults were home. 13WHAM interviewed Mitchell who said she put the baby tub in the bathtub because there weren't any wipes. She told 13WHAM she didn't realize the water was that hot. Doctors at Strong Memorial Hospital said the water must have been 142 degrees. WHEC said it found past violations at the daycare. At this point police have not made any arrests. 



Content Goes Here