The Facebook post, which has since been deleted showed a man with the two girls who spent over $500 to purchase all the cookies available so the girls could get out of the cold.
Apparently some folks in law enforcement saw the post and recognized the man as Detric McGowan.
McGowan was arrested by the Feds for a number of charges related to allegedly trying to import drugs from Mexico.
The indictment lists the charges as:
- Conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute controlled substances
- Conspiracy to import controlled substances
- Conspiracy to commit bulk cash smuggling ($1,004,665.00),
- Interstate travel and transportation in aid of drug trafficking business,
- Possession with intent to distribute and distribution of heroin,
- Maintaining a drug-involved premise,
- Conspiracy to structure transactions to evade reporting requirement
- Three counts of unlawful use of a communication facility.